Tuesday, November 13, 2012

VJ's and Veneer


We're heading towards the home stretch for Stage 1 and being able to move into the new section. This is how the house currently looks. This is the southern elevation with the white boards at the top finished off , but still to be painted the dark charcoal, the chimney flue in, the external side of the fire place boarded in and the windows installed. Once the old shed is removed the deck goes on and wraps around this southern side.


All the windows are now in. These 2 tall louvres are in the laundry and the smaller end window is the wc. They are black aluminium and look great with the other modern finishes.


The top 3 sections of louvres are in and the large bi fold doors should be finished off this afternoon. You can see just below my builder is a section of the veneer wall sheeting, which is currently being installed. The ceiling has also gone in and is now all painted. The lighting cables are hanging down.


Often on these postings I attach photos of me dressed up attending events with champagne and canapes, so I am swallowing my vanity to show a very different side. During the reno I have been getting my hands dirty and having a go at some things myself. This was when I cement rendered a previous window that was relocated. I wanted to match the existing render which now becomes a part of my office. I am quite proud of my effort for a first time. I have also been jackhammering, concreting footings for paving and painting. And quite often by the end of a project I end up filthy and smelling disgusting. But there's also great satisfaction in doing something yourself.


Here's the end result with the plastic drop sheet ready to be pulled off. Whilst all this is happening on site, the joinery is underway including the stone bench tops. The plumbing fittings and lights are waiting to be delivered and the stairs are being 2 packed and the stringer powder coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment