Friday, November 2, 2012

Oh so Polished!

Whenever I've done reno's in the past there are always a couple of features that I get very excited about waiting for them to happen. This is one of them- my polished concrete floor.


It involved 3 days of incredible noise and dust, but it looks great now. One thing I did find out along the way is that when you order the concrete and mention it will be a polished finish the concrete supply companies try to convince you to buy a special mix with very pretty pebbles and colours. These mixes are about double the price per meter of standard concrete. As I've been specifying polished concrete floors for years in my store designs I only wanted the normal standard concrete and I'm very pleased that I went this way. I love the blend of the aggregate.


You can see the dust that the polisher is making. Even though most of it is being directly sucked into the vacuum a fine film still ended up covering everything.


Here's another look at my finishes as I've now finalised them.


And today the pool fence was finished then the pebble finish will be applied in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment