Wednesday, February 22, 2012

East Village

South siders who regularly travel thru Cannon Hill will be familiar with the East Village development gradually taking shape on the corner of Wynnum and Creek Rd's. It on the site of the old CSIRO science lab and also includes area that was used by the army and for years had the old aero style hangers- the large half pipe sheds.
The development will have residential and retail and in between a mix of fun things including a cinema.
I called into the sales office last week and was instantly attracted to the gorgeous cocoon chair (from Equator Homewares) lazily swinging from the large gum tree and over looking the fields to the city.


Tracey Frappell, the project marketing manager showed me around. Perhaps it's that mix of designer and a bit of voyeurism in me, but I love looking at show houses/ units etc. I like looking at the finishes, the layout and in general just seeing how other people live and imagining the target market.



I absolutely love this vertical feature wall on the back deck. It's equally popular with the possums who are happily dining on selected plants each night.




No comments:

Post a Comment