Tuesday, February 7, 2012

brick by brick

Everywhere I look lately I've been noticing these decorative bricks.


They show up on Post War houses thru to about the 70's and I love the way they are used to create some really cool screen walls.
When you really start to look there were many different patterns made over the years. Some patterns feature more than others.



I think they are a product which has big potential for resurgence as architects are constantly looking for ways to create privacy as our house block sizes shrink. They also offer breeze control and are a long lasting product with out issues such as fading paint and weathering that timber screens show after 12mths.
If you are interested in sourcing them for a future job, good luck dealing with the crap service from the big 3 brick manufacturers who half the time the reps have never seen these bricks. I'm sure someone is still manufacturing or importing them, but based on my preliminary enquiries they appear to be like the proverbial hen's teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment