Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Retro Re-runs


Ever had one of those experiences where the same type of thing keeps popping up constantly in a short period of time? Well this weekend I had 24 hrs of that.


It started with a very indulgent, but rare girls' afternoon out for lunch and then 2 hrs of shoe shopping...Mmmm bliss! On our travels we came across this very eye catching make up stand in David Jones for The Balm brand of cosmetics. I fell in love with the Retro graphics on the stand.


The whole packaging for the label is very clever.


Then we browsed at the Fossil store which has just released this cool range of Retro inspired watch boxes and had this mass displayed in a prominent position. The boxes are to celebrate Fossil's 30th birthday.


Does this make you think of Biggles?


This reminded me of my totally cool Ultra Lounge cd that I've had for many years with genuine faux fur fabric on the case and music perfect for a Retro martini.


After all this in one afternoon I called in to visit a client the next day. He'd just finished adding a collection of Retro prints in his shop. He now has Marilyn and Jayne and all their friends lining the walls.


Then I stopped in at the Unique Fabrics showroom and their gorgeous cushions added to my Retro experience of 24 hrs.



Cheers to Retro!





No comments:

Post a Comment