Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Picnic at Camp Hill


When I began my blog I made a conscious decision that I wanted to show exciting new locations or design products and if I featured a store to always do so in a positive aspect. So the other week when I was in the Martha St, Camp Hill precinct I was very excited to see the new comer- Picnic. As it turned out it was lunch time and I was with mum, so we decided to try it out.


The fitout looked exciting and inviting and my client across the road informed me that on weekend mornings the ques are out the door.


The cafe is over a split level with dining on the top side. A nice use of recycled timber featured and several other warm touches.
In the vein of being positive let me phrase my comments as such; if you are a person who enjoys a long languid brunch with extensive offerings until well into the afternoon you will be happy to see their menu. You will not mind that there are only 3 lunch items on the menu and on the day I visited one was removed at 12 noon, leaving a choice of 2 lunch meals.


If you are in a similar situation to me with children up early and you're used to breakfast at breakfast time and look forward to dining out for lunch with a reasonable choice of meals, perhaps one of the other food establishments in the Martha St precinct may be better to tickle your taste buds!


I love the picnic style cutlery holders.


The fresh herbs outside were a lovely aroma while dining.

Yes, definitely a ring of truth to the old saying about "don't judge a book by it's cover"......

No comments:

Post a Comment