Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween in the air


It's beginning to feel like Halloween and this weekend we'll be putting up the decorations.
Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought my first ever proper Halloween pumpkin. I'd always wanted one, but they had been hideously expensive but the prices seem to be getting better this year. I have had a lot of emails back and forth with my Canadian friend who is a pro at carving pumpkins and has been doing so all her life. I'll post the photo next week when it's done.
This Saturday is also the big Manly Halloween Street Festival which just gets bigger and bigger every year. This will be our 8th year that my family has marched in it. Photos to come of that also.

I've always been a big fan of Martha Stewart. Check out her amazing Halloween website with pumpkin tips and so much more.



This is the beautiful Spring display that Carindale shopping centre has hanging outside of David Jones. 


It's all types of flowers hanging on fishing line.
On the subject of flowers and gardens, we're all hoping for rain. Here in Brisbane it's crackly dry everywhere. It's been weeks since decent rain, but we may be seeing a typical afternoon storm today. Everyone is watching the weather radar site.

No comments:

Post a Comment