Monday, December 3, 2012

Thru and In

While Brisbane swelters in our heat wave and we look towards 39 degrees tomorrow and higher in the western suburbs, I thought I would visually cool you down with a look into the water of our newly finished and filled pool. We christened it last Thursday and everyday since the kids have been in and not wanting to get out. By 3pm it has full shade and feels so refreshing. We're all turning into prunes!


The biggest event after the pool was that we have cut thru between the old and the new and have moved in. It's been another huge week which also saw the old shed go.


Excuse the dust on the window I'm looking thru- the house is covered in it at the moment.


The old stumps were soon gone also and now the new deck is being constructed in this location.


Here comes the part that I was most excited about- the cut thru. Doug and Darren start removing the old kitchen sink.


They had a little apprentice who'd been very excited about getting to wreck the old kitchen.


And here we are. Cut thru. I still have a pile of boxes and am waiting for delivery of shelves so I can unpack those. The stair treads are temporary, but it's getting there gradually.


I looove my new kitchen tap.


The new-old dining table has been christened with several meals. Behind it is the tv cabinet. The table is currently in the lounge area and will be moved once things get a bit more organised.


Here's the view from my office. The other morning I watched our resident blue tongue lizard slowly crawl thru these plants also looking back at me, very unperturbed.


Here's the eastern elevation. As I sit here the bay breezes are blowing through the windows and doors, we're still waiting for cabinets to go in and lots of finishing off to happen, as well as the next major stage with the decks. But it feels so nice to be in our new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment