Friday, August 31, 2012

"Doh" morning.


Shoes and Blocks............ let me explain. These are the main house blocks and these are my new shoes, which I was planning on wearing today seeing as the Spring weather has arrived.


Anyway, the morning started off a bit weird. The block delivery arrived with my load spread between the main truck tray and the dog trailer behind. The first pellets were unloaded with the crane.

Then the driver backed the truck out into the golf course car park to turn it around and have the trailer in a better position to crane off the rest of the pellets. Unfortunately he backed out with his crane still upright- Doh! as Homer Simpson would say.


This is my discreet "over the fence" pic of the broken wire that he took down. At that point we thought it was live and every one was keeping way back. The driver was in his cab and the police arrived quickly to direct the morning golfers away.
The driver sat there waiting for Energex with his head in his hands realising this wasn't the best way for a Friday morning to start.
It turns out it was just a phone line. Lucky for him, as that's way cheaper than electrical.
While I was taking my discreet photo I climbed onto the rubbish pile- which everyone is well versed not to go near. Hmmm, I didn't practise what I preach, and stepped on a nail.

So after an hour of the driver waiting for Energex to get the all clear, he then finished unloading the blocks and I'm off for a tetanus this morning. Fortunately they weren't rusty and I think my tetanus is up to date, but will just see what the GP says.



I did suggest to the driver that a stiff drink might be in order even though it was only 8:30am.

My shoes will wait another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment