Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Macrame Crazy


WARNING- If you're a child of the 70's you may find elements of this story disturbing!!
Or just a hoot as you travel back in time.....


The other day my eldest and I were exploring the new Gas Works precinct at Tenneriffe. We noticed the new Lorna Jane store and in particular their window display with the macrame plant hangers.


I was having a laugh as it brought back all the memories of my childhood, as I recalled what seems like years of my mother making things out of macrame................ and now it's back again! 
Here's some happy snaps of my childhood. Note the hanging plants in the birthday background, with the necessary orange plastic pots. That was the must have colour to go with the macrame. The plant hangers usually featured timber beads for embellishment.



yes, that is a chook, but it's relaxing on a macrame hammock!

Now for some OMG............. what were they thinking!!??



Mum, I think you permanently scarred back in the 70's. No matter how trendy macrame has become I just don't think it will be featuring in my house.

ps. I did like the salad bar and cafe in this Lorna Jane store. It added to the holistic healthy body image.






No comments:

Post a Comment