Monday, January 7, 2013

Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream

  

Happy days... those that know me, will know that computer technical stuff is not my strong point, so thanks to a bit of mucking and reading of discussion groups, I've been able to post this whilst Google Blogspot is still sorting out their problem with loading images.

Anyway, a happy new year from the Blogasphere. After a little hiatus from posting for a while and enjoying R&R in my new house, I managed to also squeeze in a day trip to one of my fav locations- Noosa! A friend and I enjoyed a very enjoyable and delicious lunch at Bistro C. This was our view. Just perfect Noosa weather looking out onto Main Beach. The food was sublime with so many choices that I would have been happy with any of the other 4 dishes I was deciding from. If you are thinking of enjoying a meal here whilst still the holiday season best to book, as it was packed.


While we were also enjoying some Retail Therapy we found an amazing new store just opposite Aromas coffee. It's called Nitrogenie and they make their own ice cream using Liquid Nitrogen to instantly freeze it.


They run only 4 ice cream flavors at a time, but change these often.


The thing that caught my eye while having coffee at Aromas was the amazing amount of steam that would periodically appear. This is the freezing part happening.


Each flavor sits in the kitchen aid mixing bowl and the white frozen goose neck on the left is the liquid Nitrogen valve. It's used initially to freeze the ice cream and then for a quick blast if it's starting to thaw.


Here's a freeze happening. It's absolute theatre and draws crowds from everywhere.


The blue top bottles on the left are the cream containers and you'll see also the big L.Nit. cylinder.


Restaurants have been using liquid nitrogen for years to make their ice cream, as it saves on time and also freezes the ice cream into smaller particles resulting in the smoothest creamiest that you've ever tasted.

I had the white chocolate raspberry swirl and it was Amazing! This is their prototype store with plans to quickly open else where and I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment