Thursday, January 31, 2013

back on my block

A few people have been asking for updates on my reno. We are in the last weeks and I just can't wait for it to be done. As much as I really like seeing my builders each day and enjoy working with them, I can't wait till they're gone!
Here's the progress from the past few weeks. The front windows were pulled out including the front door.



And then it was rebuilt with a new double hung window to catch the prevailing breezes. The old hopper windows look cute, but are not great for breezes. The existing french door panels were moved along to keep the original character that I fell in love with and a new front door has been installed.


A new window was cut in for a bedroom. I have been conscious the whole way through my design to work with existing walls and minimise the cutting needed. All the existing walls are double brick cavity, so by working with them it kept my costs down.


Storm water pipes were connected with the help of one of the apprentices on school holidays.


3 new bedrooms have now been constructed with the new doors currently being installed. I love these doors. They're Corinthian Moda.


Ahead of me is a heap of painting and landscaping and at the end one massive skip bin to fill.



No comments:

Post a Comment