Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bathroom Bliss


Australians have always loved a good bathroom. That room combined with the kitchen are the 2 areas we spend the most on with our house renovations.



When it comes to bathroom design the major thing I've learnt over the years is restraint. When you're planning a new bathroom it's way too easy to get caught up in the excitement and endless choices shown at the tile salesrooms and in the glossy magazines. 
But the trick is keep it simple in terms of finishes, not too many. 




In my own bathroom I've kept the colours subtle and let the gorgeous cornices and timber mouldings do the work as visual elements. I also love to pick greenery from my garden to add some detail. 


The other thing I love to incorporate into my bathrooms are rocks. I just love the look of rocks as they get wet and change back to dry. I love having them in my basins.


This selection have travelled with me for many years and are originally from Tasmania.


My guest basin has tumbled glass rocks.


In keeping with my bathroom blog- who doesn't love beautiful soap! Especially when it's L'Occitane.
To launch the Bailey Retail Design facebook page we are asking people to "Like" and "Share".
Australian participants will go into the draw to win this gift box of soaps. The winner will be announced next Thursday 14 November. Happy clicking FB'ers!










No comments:

Post a Comment