Thursday, November 12, 2015

Tres Noosa


I came across this shop recently on a trip to Noosa. It's located in Noosa Junction.


The shop stocks homeware, decor, clothing and features lots of shells and driftwood accented by sea blue/ azure, but the first thing that caught my eye was the beach sand all around the floor.


It's really cool and seems to be well controlled despite my experience with beach sand. I always get my sand from one end of the holiday apartment to the next including in the bedsheets- yuck. Combined with the concrete polished floor the feel is au natural. 


The thing I loved most about this shop was that the fitout was pretty much done all by the owner. That always gets big brownie points in my book. You can tell she is creative and arty and such simple but clever ideas have turned ordinary into eye catching and fantastic. The counter is such an example. The threaded driftwood and shells create a new look for the trestle table.


What most people would consider beach flotsam she has collected and used to create atmosphere for no cost.  How many times have we all seen washed up coconuts? But in mass they look great. 


More driftwood and leaves have been incorporated into display for back drops and display platforms.
Top marks to an innovative retailer!




No comments:

Post a Comment