Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kitchen Dreams


A recent family BBQ saw talk turn to kitchens. My cousin has a new kitchen on her wish list and I know she's not alone. Kitchens top the list for any type of house renovation.
Let me show you a few of my fav's stored in my own design files from years of trawling through design magazines.
I can happily say that a new kitchen is not on my list as I'm fortunate to have recently put in my own new dream kitchen when I did my own house extension. 



I love this one and you'll probably pick a common theme. My own tastes lean towards darker finishes, which is exactly the direction of my own kitchen.



Then there are the kitchens that just ooze wit character.




And another I love for the way the inside outside environments interact and the amazing green marble feature wall.


When I think of kitchen design I remember back to my uni days a bit over 20 yrs ago. I was severely reprimanded by a fairly young and I thought progressive lecturer for submitting a domestic design with an open plan kitchen. She told me that it wasn't how people lived and you never wanted guests to come in and see you cooking or preparing meals. I guess that she's eaten her words in the years since and like the rest of us is now accustomed to socializing in an open plan kitchen and even helping the host cook.

After all the kitchen truly is the heart of the house.









1 comment: