Tuesday, September 11, 2012

External walls up

The past couple of weeks have seen a few different trades working on my site.
The brickies were here for 3.5 days putting the block walls up.




The walls almost done. The gap in the middle is for the stone clad fireplace and either side it will be flanked by huge windows looking out onto the golf course. There is also a deck going on this end. I am fortunate to have 2 aspects from my block. Not only do I look onto the course to the south, but I have an eastern aspect which I am opening up with large bi-folds. Whilst it overlooks the carpark, in a couple of years time that will be planted out but I will still enjoy the panorama and the beautiful colours of the sunsets on this side. The eastern side also brings the beautiful bay breezes.


Then the walls were core filled with concrete. You can see the boom operator on the left filling from the tube.

The boom pump swinging in behind the old shed.


Since yesterday the timber has been going in. This side forms up the bi fold doors and creates the angle for the skillion roof. I always like seeing the carpentry begin and smelling the cut timber.


So the push is on to get the roof framed up and sheeted before the Spring storms begin. At least then the builders can keep working underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment