Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tie Me Up!

I was at Unique fabrics the other day. They are a wholesaler in Brisbane and I was selecting fabric for one of my clients and in the mean time became very side tracked by these gorgeous tassells.



One of the things about working in this industry is that I often feel like I'm browsing through a candy store. So often I see gorgeous things that I fall in love with.

Sometimes I think they'd look great at home. Usually I don't have the room or space though, so it's a case of waiting for the right job to come along and using them then.


This orange and black tie back is one which I've always admired for it's very unique style.


Another great aspect of my job is that in retail the jobs have a very quick turn around of just a few months from concept to completion and retail design allows you to try anything in terms of image and finishes to best present your client's products.
So usually I don't have to wait too long before I can work something new into a concept. And it's always fun to be spending other people's money. Any of my clients reading this, please rest assured it is always wisely and well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment